Who doesn’t love pancakes? Pancakes are a great treat, especially for weekend mornings. I know most people will think they don’t have time in the mornings to make a batch of pancakes, but I promise these took me 10-15 minutes to make, and they’re so worth it.
My favourite topping for pancakes has always been the simple combination of sugar, cinnamon and fresh lemon juice; so simple and so delicious. These are a more decadent style of pancakes. It’s common knowledge that Peanutbutter and Banana is one of my absolute favourite combinations. I love adding them to my oatmeal or on toast, so no surprise I would add them to pancakes as well. I’ve also used my homemade peanutbutter, so here’s a chance to try out 2 recipes in 1.
Click here if you want to see how easy it is to make your own peanut butter
Peanutbutter & Banana Pancakes
(Time: 10-15 minutes Qty: 6 Pancakes)
– 1 cup All-Purpose Flour / 1 φλ. Αλεύρι κάθε χρήσης
– 1 cup Plant-Based Milk / 1 φλ. Φυτικό γάλα (π.χ. καρύδας, σόγια κτλ)
– 2 Tbl. White Sugar / 2 κ.σ Άσπρη Ζάχαρη
– 1 tsp. Baking Powder / 1κγ. baking powder
– Coconut Oil / Vegan Butter (for cooking) / λάδι καρύδας / νηστίσιμο βούτυρο (για το μαγείρεμα)
– 1 Tbl. Peanutbutter / 1 κ.σ Φυστικοβούτυρο
– 1 Tbl. Maple Syrup / 1 κ.σ Σιρόπι Σφενδάμου
– 1 medium Bananana, sliced / 1 μέτρια μπανάνα, Κομμένη σε φέτες
– Sprinkle of Cinnamon / μια πρέζα κανέλα
1. For the pancakes, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Then add in the milk. Whisk well, making sure there are no lumps.
2. Use a tiny amount of coconut oil or vegan butter and add it to a medium low heat pan. Once melted spread it all over the pan, so your pancakes don’t stick.
3. I used a 1/3 cup measuring tool to measure out my batter. Once you see little bubbles popping all over its time to flip. (see photos above).
4. Once you have cooked all your batter, stack up your pancakes on a plate.
5. For the topping, just mix the peanutbutter and maple syrup in a small bowl, spread on top of your pancakes, add your sliced bananas,sprinkle some cinnamon and drizzle a little more maple syrup on top for an extra bit of sweetness. Enjoy!