Happy New Year!! I cannot believe it is 2018. With a new year comes, of course, new year’s resolutions. And most are to eat healthy and less sweets and sugar. Which is exactly why this recipe is perfect for you! Its not only healthy and super quick to make, it’s also oh. so. good! I’m not even exaggerating, when I told Rami about my idea and started to make it, he was so skeptical, but when he tried it the look on his face said everything! The added bonus to this is it’s a healthy treat to give to your little ones. If they are nagging you for a chocolate bar, try offering this instead, it will satisfy the sweet craving without the unhealthy refined sugar and dairy you get from the usual chocolate bars.
I won’t bore you with anymore reading, let’s get on with the recipe. I really hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts (plus around 20 for stuffing)
- 1 pack (450g) Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao
- First take your hazelnuts and roast them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Watch they don't burn!
- Take 1/4 cup of your roasted hazelnuts and place in food processor. Blitz until a fine crumb is formed.
- Remove hazelnuts from the food processor.
- In the processor, Add your dates & raw cacao and blend until a uniform ball is formed.
- Take about a tablespoon of the date mixture, roll into a ball and stuff it with 1 roasted hazelnut.
- Take the ball and roll it in the ground up hazelnuts and place in a tupperware.
- This recipe should make around 16-20 balls, depending on how big you make them.
- Once you have made all your balls, place them in the freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- Then keep them in the fridge and enjoy!