Make this warm salad so you can glow from the inside out 🙂
If you do want a dressing, use this one or find the link in the post text above!
- 2 c or 320gr butternut squash, peeled & cut into medium sized cubes (or pumpkin) - 320γρ κολοκύθα κομμένη σε κύβους
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thick "chip-like" strips - 2 μέτρια καρότα κομμένα σε λωρίδες
- 2 tbsp. good quality vegan butter - 2κσ. φυτικό βούτυρο
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup - 2κσ. σιρόπι σφενδάμου
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary (or 1tsp dried) - 1,5 δεντρολίβανο
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds - 3κσ. κολοκυθόσπορο
- 3/4 c dried green or brown lentils - 3/4φλτ. φακές ξηρές
- 1 tsp. dried coriander - 1κγ. αποξηραμένος κόλιανδρος
- 3 tsp. blackstrap molasses or carob syrup - 3κγ. μελάσα ή χαρουπόμελο
- 1 c frozen peas - 1φλτ. μπιζέλι κατεψυγμένο
- 350 g spinach leaves - σπανάχι
- tahini dressing (optional - see link above) - ντρέσσινγκ με ταχίνι
- 2 tbsp. dried goji berries (optional) - μούρα Γκότζι
- Preheat the oven to 200C. While your oven is heating up, cut the carrot & squash. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan (or in a microwave) put together the butter, maple syrup and rosemary, and heat so that the butter melts (but does not over-heat!).
- Drizzle the warm butter all over your vegetables and with your hands massage them so they're all covered. Then put them onto the paper-lined baking tray in ONE layer, being careful NOT to overlap the veg. Season with salt & pepper
- Put these in heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Now, put your lentils in a saucepan with 1.3 cups water, a pinch of salt, the dried coriander and molasses. Allow it to come to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer, add the peas, and cover with a lid.
- When the squash and carrot have been roasting for 20 minutes, turn them so that the opposite side is facing up. When your lentils have been simmering for 20 minutes they should be cooked al-dente. Drain, and leave them in the colander
- For the last 5 minutes of roasting, add the pumpkin seeds to the oven tray
- When the 30 minutes are up Assemble: Lay the spinach at the bottom of the plate and top with the warm lentils (the warm lentils will slightly wilt the spinach so you dont really need a dressing!). Top with your roasted vegetables, sliced avocado (if using) and pumpkin seeds