Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature (if its cool and not humid). Also Freezable!
(Tip: Put a sugar cube in the airtight container with the cookies – this keeps them from absorbing moisture 😀 )
- 130 g or 17 dates - φοινικια
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground flax - αλεσμενο λινοσπορο
- 1 c and 3/4cup Oats (you will make one cup into flour)* 1φλτ & 3/4φλτ βρωμη (θα αλεσεις το ενα φλτ σε αλευρι)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda - 0.5κγ. Μαγειρικη σοδα
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder - 0.5 μπεικιν παουτερ
- 1 tsp. cinnamon - 1κγ κανελα
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves - 0.5κγ. Αλεσμενο γαρυφαλο
- pinch salt - αλατι
- 46 ml or 1/4cup coconut or veg. oil - 1/4φλτ λαδι φυτικο
- 70 ml or 1/3cup plant-based milk - 1/3φλτ γαλα φυτικο
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract - 1κγ βανιλια εκχυλισμα
- 4 g or 1.5 tsp minced ginger - 4γρ τριμμενο τζιντζερ
- 2 tbsp. cranberries - κγ. Κρανπερυ
- Optional: Chocolate Chips / Cacao Nibs , Orange Zest (προαιρετικο: ξυσμα πορτοκαλιου, κομματακια σοκολατας)
- Optional: Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar (προαιρετικο: καστανη ζαχαρη)
* If you dont want to make your own flour you can replace the 1 cup of oats with 1 cup store-bought oat flour or plain flour
- Place your dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Then prepare your flax egg: Place flax seed in a bowl and add 5tbsp of hot water to it. Allow both of these to sit for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime heat your oven to 190 C and line a baking tray with baking paper or a cookie sheet
- In a food processor place one cup of your oats (115gr) and process for a few minutes on high speed till it turns into a FLOUR. Once done, remove from processor, add this to a bowl and mix in the spices, salt, baking powder, baking soda and the remaining 3/4cup (or 55gr) whole oats.
- Your date's soaking time should be up. Drain them and remove the stones. Place them in the food processor, with 2tbsp hot water, and process until it forms a paste/ball.
- Now add the milk, oil, vanilla essence, minced ginger & flax egg to the processor's bowl and mix together (It should look like a porridge consistency; add 1-2 tbsp water if it's too thick)
- Now remove the processors blade. Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients along with the cranberries, chocolate chips and orange zest (if using!) and with a spatula, fold them together. (Note: Taste! If you want a sweeter cookie, you can add 3tbsp sugar to the mix)
- The mix should be quite sticky. Drop a rounded tablespoon of dough, 2 inches apart, onto your baking paper. Sprinkle their tops with coconut / brown sugar (optional). Place in oven for between 13 and 16 minutes (keep an eye on them!)