Use this vegan ricotta as a substitute for the dairy version when making lasagna, sandwich filling, stuffing roasted vegetables or filling pasta!
- 1 x 200gr block Organic Firm Tofu
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp. oregano, dried
- 3/4 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp. white pepper (or sub for black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place between two cutting boards. Place a heavy object on top. Let rest for 10 minutes. Unwrap tofu and pat dry.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor along with one tablespoon of water, and blend until it resembles ricotta's texture. Add another tbsp of water if it seems too dry. [If you dont have a processor, you can also mix and combine by using the back of a fork]. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days