This takes 1 minute to make, yes ONE minute (ok maybe TWO if you adjust the seasoning) and can last in your fridge for up to a week. Its very versatile in recipes as you can use it for a sandwhich filling, to fill roasted vegetables, in a lasagne, in stuffed pasta or even simply as a dip with some crudites. I love to have this in my fridge at the ready for a speedy lunch or dinner, and im sure you will too once you try it!
- 1 x 200gr block Organic Firm Tofu
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp. oregano, dried
- 3/4 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp. white pepper (or sub for black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place between two cutting boards. Place a heavy object on top. Let rest for 10 minutes. Unwrap tofu and pat dry.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor along with one tablespoon of water, and blend until it resembles ricotta's texture. Add another tbsp of water if it seems too dry. [If you dont have a processor, you can also mix and combine by using the back of a fork]. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days