This is Quick, No Fuss, has Few Ingredients and is perfect for when you’re in i DONT-WANT-TO-COOK mood. Its also perfect for when you simply miss a tuna-melt jacket potato and don’t quite know how to substitute it. Creamy, melty & filling; just what you want when you come home later than expected from work. By the time the microwave pings that your potato is ready, you’ve nailed the filling. Oh yeah! Tip: Save leftovers OR Double the recipe and have a delicious sandwich filling for the rest of the week!!
- 1 medium potato, washed
- 1/2 can (or 100gr) cooked kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp. onion, diced finely
- 1 tbsp. ready made tahini dip
- 1/3 avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp. sweetcorn (optional)
- generous salt & pepper
- 1 or 2 slices melty vegan cheese (i used cheddar)
- olive oil (optional)
- spring onions to garnish (optional)
- Pierce your potato 5 times with a fork in random places. Place in the microwave on high for 12-14 minutes *
- Pat your kidney beans with kitchen paper to dry them a little. Then, Place them on a flat plate and mash them with a fork until they almost resemble a paste
- Once they're all mashed (but not over mashed - you want some texture), add the avocado, mustard, lemon, parsley, diced onion, salt, pepper & sweetcorn (if using). Mix & press them together; It should resemble the consistency of a coarse guacamole
- Once your potato is ready, cut a cross along it and open it like a jacket, allowing some steam to escape. Scoop out 2tbsp of potato and mix it into your bean mix.
- Roughly fluff up the inside of the potato with a fork, and drizzle some olive oil over the inside of it. Top with the bean mix and then the cheese
- Put the potato back in the microwave to melt the cheese OR give it a 5 minute blast under a grill (my preferred way). Garnish with spring onion & parsley and enjoy!
- (Save any leftovers and use as a creamy sandwich filling!)