Because everyone likes a hearty. homemade. burger – even when you’re meat free! The soya mince in this recipe keeps this burger “meaty” and hearty while the caramelised onions & mushrooms give it that something special. These patties are perfect for freezing; just re-heat in an oven, serve in a burger bun with garnishes and you’ve got dinner at the ready
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 2 Red Onions, sliced - 2 κόκκινα κρεμμύδια κομμένα
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced - 2 σκελίδες σκόρδο, τριμμένες
- 300 g Mushrooms, roughly chopped -300γρ Μανιτάρια, ψιλοκομμένα
- 1 c Soya Mince - 1φλτ κιμάς Σόγια
- 3/4 c Hot Water - 3/4φλτ Ζεστό νερό
- 1 Flax seed , ground (+2tbl water) - Λινάρι, αλεσμένο, σμιγμένο με 2 κ.σ. νερό)
- 1/2 c Oats - 1/2φλτ. Βρώμη
- 1 tbsp. Molasses - 1κ.σ. Μελάσσα
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika - 1κ.γ. Καπνιστή πάπρικα
- 1 tsp. Sweet Paprika - 1κ.γ. Γλυκιά πάπρικα
- 1 tsp. Cumin - 1κ.γ. Κύμινο
- 1 tbsp. Vegan Worchestshire Sauce - Σάλτσα Worcestershire
- Salt & Pepper to taste - Αλάτι & Πιπέρι
- Take your soya mince and place it in a bowl. Add the hot water and allow to rehydrate for about 10 mins. After 10 minutes, squeeze out as much water as you can.
- In the meantime start sauteeing your onions and garlic in a saucepan. Add your mushrooms and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the liquid from the mushrooms has half gone, add in the molasses, Worchestshire sauce and spices. Stir until everything is well coated, allowing everything to caramelise. Once everything is nicely browned, turn off the heat.
- Add the mushroom & onion mix and the drained soya mince to a food processor and pulse a couple of times until combined. DO NOT overly blend or it will create a paste.
- Add the mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well with your hands. At this point you could leave the mix in the fridge overnight or you could continue to create the burger patties and cook them.
- Form your burger patties and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celcius for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn them over half way through. Alternatively you could also pan fry these or even grill them.
- Serve on a burger bun with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, avocado, tomato sauce and any other condiments.